Sunday 29 May 2016

MUSINGS; HOW DO EWES LOOK LIKE?



HOW DO EWES LOOK LIKE?

My name is Mamavi  Perfect Selenu Goh.
Born to an ewe man who comes from somewhere in the Volta Region.

My name is Mamavi Goh
And I am an Ewe!



Even though I can't speak my native language fluently, I am a proud one!

A proud one because my language is said to be a heavenly language.
The only language spoken in heaven.

Oh Yes!
If you think I am telling lies, find out for yourself when you get to heaven.

.... But wait! Is there a particular look an Ewe man or woman must have??

I mean, must one look a certain way to be associated with the tribe?

Until I mention my name, people usually do not believe when I say I  am ewe.

Here is one of such examples.

Three weeks ago, I made a new friend who told me I didn't look like an ewe because ewe girls are fair.


And who said ewe girls are/must necessarily be fair before they will be considered as one?
Are there not fair girls in other tribes??

Let's leave that!

I have to repeat times without number to the new people I meet every day that I am ewe.
You know why??
They say I don't speak like one.
They say I speak without the ewe accent.
Wait a minute!
Do all ewes speak with an ewe accent? 

I doubt!

Do ewes have a particular facial look??

I doubt!

Until I mention my name to someone I meet, they either say I look like a Liberian or an Ashanti!
Why??
Because  I don't look like an ewe.
....but how do ewes look??
Just how do they look???




10 comments:

  1. Ah! your name is Perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! your name is Perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're also normally associated eczema. Without it we don't look like ewes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please ooo did u mean Nzema of Exzema

      Delete
    2. Please ooo did u mean Nzema of Exzema

      Delete
  4. Ashok oooo. I get that a lot. "oh you don't look like an ewe", "you don't speak like an ewe". Although I agree that some tribes have peculiar accents or intonations just like how people from other countries are identified from the way they speak, the looks aspect di3333 hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought 'Portia' was the name. Where from 'Perfect'?

    I have never heard you speak Ewe though. Your Twi is so good, I forget you are number 9.
    Oh and... I think I should see you again so I also decide which tribe your looks portray.

    ReplyDelete